Lighthouse is the place for junior and senior high students to deepen friendships, discover their purpose in life, and grow in their faith in God. In addition to being part of our large group events, teens will get connected with a small group of peers who are mentored by our youth staff.
Parents also get to make solid friends with other parents, participate in our ParentingToday seminars, and receive resources and support to help their teens mature (start by signing up for our parent emails)!
All of this is part of our vision to partner with you to help teens mature and thrive. Download Our Vision for Kids + Teens (pdf)
Here's what we're doing during the pandemic.
1. Gathered (following all saftey guidelines, including wearing masks and staying outside)
• Wednesdays large group Bible studies with small group breakouts to talk and pray
• Monthly teen-led worship nights
• Monthly hanging out and doing something a bit crazy but safe
• Sharing some of the internet's best songs, podcasts, and videos that inspire faith. Follow on Instagram to be inspired!
• Join the Sunday worship service at FBC! Online or in the courtyard
• Coming up with ways to bless our community each month
• Following the plan our teens developed to pursue racial equality. Based on our summer discussions with pastors, protest leaders, police, and historians, we have made a list of actions that we will pursue over the next few months
Contact Neil, the youth pastor, for more information.
View our Summer Calendar!
Wednesday nightsSmall groups meet Wednesday nights during the school year! Contact Neil for more information.
Wednesday, 7-8:30 pmLighthouse United at FBC.
Pray For Your Kids
All WeekPray For Your Kids (follow prayforyourkidsdavis on facebook or instagram for deets).
Wednesdays, 7-8:30 pmJH and HS Bible study and small group at FBC.
Friday, 3-4 pm(yes, Friday afternoon) we're doing something a bit wacky but fairly safe, at FBC.
All in-person gatherings will be outside with masks, temperature checks, and social distancing. If you are not comfortable having your teen come, that is totally ok. Just let Neil know and we'll find ways to connect on Zoom!